We're looking to add Event Staff to the team at The High Five GR, our premier event venue located in downtown Grand Rapids. "Old world meets new" in this gorgeous loft space with original hardwood roller rink floors, exposed brick, artisan tile, and extraordinary chandeliers. In this role, you'll assist the High Five Managers and Coordinators with all event set up prior to an event and tear down following the completion of an event.
- Set-up and teardown of High Five space including: moving tables, place chairs, linens, furniture adjustment, taping cords, pushing carts, audio/video, etc.
- Prepare room environment such as lighting and temperature.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the High Five venue.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, etc.
- Greet guests and escort them in and out of the facility.
- Provide guests with a five-star experience through exquisite customer service skills.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor and/or Venue and Sales Manager.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
What Makes Us Special?
- Our team members - we believe each of our team members' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest those in their work - is key to our culture, our reputation, and our success as a company. They live out our mission to Make Life Better everyday.
- We are a culture-focused company, built around our 3 Core Values - trustworthy, pursuit of excellence, and team first. Those 3 values are what guide our day-to-day, and ensure that we're moving in the right direction the right way.
- We strive to provide the flexibility our team members need to balance the demands of work and their personal lives.
- We're a family-owned company based in Grand Rapids, MI.
- We're an EOS company - this is our company's "operating system" and is a set of tools and concepts that ensures we have a clear, shared vision for the company, that we're gaining traction through accountability, and that we're building healthy teams.
- We offer great benefits! 8 company-recognized holidays, a generous PTO bank, and a variety of benefits, including health, dental, vision, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance, permanent life insurance with chronic conditions rider, critical illness and accident coverage, legal insurance, identity protection, and pet insurance. Plus, employee discounts on our products and services!
- We offer a generous 401(k) (traditional pre-tax or ROTH) with a match. The only requirement to participate is that you be 21 years of age. The match is effective the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment. Convivial matches 100% of the first 3% of your compensation, and then 50% on the next 2% of your compensation. All amounts are fully vested immediately.