We're looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance and Accounting Team. In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the company's accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. A strong candidate for this position will have experience with complex companies with multiple FEINs, and will be organized, detail-oriented, and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Coordinates the submission of approved and coded invoices for all Convivial Brands companies. Reviews the coding for accuracy and the invoices for appropriate approval. Once reviewed, performs data entry of invoices into the AP module of the NAV ERP system.
- Evaluates invoice amounts and identifies unusual fluctuations, investigates, and communicates potential problems driving resolution.
- Works effectively and efficiently with vendors. Develops working relationships with vendors, becomes familiar with the terms of vendor contracts, and identifies costs that should be paid by others under the terms of the contracts. Avoids late payment penalties while managing all Agings.
- Pays vendor invoices according to terms and conditions of contracts, including within custom payment systems when approved.
- Takes advantage of payment discounts whenever possible.
- Ensures all vendor information is complete and accurate in the AP system, including collecting W-9 forms.
- Assists with and supports the financial well-being of the company. Identifies money saving opportunities based on review of invoices and communicates those in purchasing in a way that is actionable. Identifies fraudulent vendor schemes and communicates to avoid losses.
- Analyzes expense data detailing issues and preparing related reports that support year end cost reporting preparation.
- Manages the accounts payable function for the organization. Ensures all invoices are collected and entered on a regular daily basis and confirmed by the 3rd business day of the month or processes an accrual entry for missing invoices.
- Closes the accounts payable module monthly and ensures the aging ties to the general ledger through account reconciliations.
- Runs monthly reports and stores them electronically and prepares and files the 1099-MISC / -NEC forms annually.
- Matches check stubs/payment details to invoices, files matched invoices, sets up vendor files, and investigates options for use of electronic storage as technologies emerge.
- Orders supplies, including checks, envelopes, file folders, storage boxes, etc. related to Accounts Payable while managing electronic storage.
- Processes other recurring payments including utilities, royalties, and insurance premiums.
- Performs basic daily / weekly cash management supporting outgoing weekly payment cycles. Leads input of Weekly Cash Forecast with daily updates & reconciliation.
- Reviews and codes company credit card invoices and enforces policies regarding collecting receipts.
- Reconcile vendor invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies on a routine and timely basis.
- Assist in reconciling certain subsidiary ledgers to general ledger at month-end closing.
- Processes direct check requests in a timely fashion.
- Performs other ad hoc tasks and functions as required by management.
- Processes bi-monthly Commission & Rebate payments.
- Process Quarterly Royalty payments with timely and accurate statements. Includes the processing for all aspects of Royalty payments to authors including: gathering W-9/W-8, contracts, other pertinent documents and gathering all electronic payment details.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
What Makes Us Special?
- Our team members - we believe each of our team members' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest those in their work - is key to our culture, our reputation, and our success as a company. They live out our mission to Make Life Better everyday.
- We are a culture-focused company, built around our 3 Core Values - trustworthy, pursuit of excellence, and team first. Those 3 values are what guide our day-to-day, and ensure that we're moving in the right direction the right way.
- We strive to provide the flexibility our team members need to balance the demands of work and their personal lives.
- We're a family-owned company based in Grand Rapids, MI.
- We're an EOS company - this is our company's "operating system" and is a set of tools and concepts that ensures we have a clear, shared vision for the company, that we're gaining traction through accountability, and that we're building healthy teams.
- We offer great benefits! 8 company-recognized holidays, a generous PTO bank, and a variety of benefits, including health, dental, vision, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance, permanent life insurance with chronic conditions rider, critical illness and accident coverage, legal insurance, identity protection, and pet insurance. Plus, employee discounts on our products and services!
- We offer a generous 401(k) (traditional pre-tax or ROTH) with a match. The only requirement to participate is that you be 21 years of age. The match is effective the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment. Convivial matches 100% of the first 3% of your compensation, and then 50% on the next 2% of your compensation. All amounts are fully vested immediately.