Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or other related field; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the consumer-packaged-goods industry, retail industry, or wholesale goods industry. Experience in social expression product or giftware industry with a background and expertise in product development, project execution, preferably within the context of consumer-packaged-goods is a major plus.
- Strong understanding of how to measure success in Sales through KPIs and Process Development.
- Strong understanding of current Marketing Trends and Techniques to create buy-in to Marketing’s initiatives with the Sales Field.
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Critical competencies and required experience for this role include new and existing product development leadership, creative services understanding, and marketing strategy understanding.
- Understanding of Sales and the Sales Process and how product affects each day.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver, capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast paced, change-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to connect and work with employees at all levels; interacting effectively with senior management and staff to carry out the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Ability to understand and assess business priorities and act accordingly.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to be influential and to effectively and quickly build relationships that establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation, verbal/written communication, and listening skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.