We're looking to add a Bindery Machine Operator to our growing team at Verdant Graphics! In this role, you'll also cross-train in a wide range of printing positions and machinery, providing opportunity for job enrichment and growth.
- Set up, adjust, and operate various bindery equipment such as buckle folder, saddle stitch, cutter, or sheet laminating.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions.
- Familiar with different paper weights, sizes, kinds, and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e., excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment).
- Monitor quality and perform all required testing, make any equipment adjustments necessary to ensure customer quality is achieved.
- Perform housekeeping and preventative maintenance duties on all machines and work area to maintain a neat and orderly environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative in maintaining process and product production as well as participating in making improvements to the production process.
- Read and understand work orders, layout sheets, and other specifications prior to starting the assigned job.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of work.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Cross train in other areas of the print shop.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
What's in it for you?
- You'll be joining an established, cohesive team at Verdant Graphics, and because our printing division is growing, there will be opportunities to challenge yourself and opportunities for growth and development.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits! We have 8 company-paid holidays, a generous Paid Time Off Bank (PTO), and our benefits are robust and affordable. Full-time employees currently get company-paid life insurance (1 timesThis your annual salary) and company-paid short-term and long-term disability. We also offer extras like legal coverage, identitiy protection, and pet insurance! And let's not forget the employee discounts that we offer on each of our brands' products/services - Design Design, Style Life, Verdant Graphics, Tableau, and The High Five Grand Rapids.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
Convivial Brands Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Convivial Brands is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our most valuable asset. our employees' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest their unique identities in their work - are a significant part of our culture, our reputation, and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our team members' differences in age, colore, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristices that make our team members unique. Convivial Brands' diversity initiatives apply to all parts of the employment experience, including but not limited to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; social and recreational programs; layoffs and separations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you're ready to join our mission to Make Life Better, we invite you to apply!