Position: Parent Support Partner (PSP)
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department/Location: PSP Department
Wage: $17.24 hourly rate, which equals to $35,862.76 annual salary. Comprehensive benefits package
Additional Compensation: $1,000 New Hire Bonus
Parent Support Partner (PSP)
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a full time Parent Support Partner to partner with families in Kent County to support, educate, and empower them to use their voice, develop positive relationships with service providers, and develop skills to navigate the systems with which their child and family are involved. Parent Support Partners will link families with community resources, assist in the development of natural supports, and engage with service providers. This will be accomplished through team meetings, home visits, and coordination with other agency service providers.
This is a regularly scheduled position, Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm. No weekends or holidays. No on-call, but flexible to assist families and/or treatment team when needs arise outside work hours.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Has lived experience as the primary, day-to-day parent/caregiver of a child with behavioral and mental health needs and/or Intellectual/Developmental Disability, including autism
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with caregivers (who have children with a Serious Emotional Disturbance), their families, and team members
- Knowledge about children’s mental and behavioral health issues, Individual Plans of Care and crisis planning
- Knowledge of public and private child serving organizations
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Work effectively in a multicultural environment and skills and capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services within diverse communities
- Certified Parent Support Partner with a minimum of 1-year experience delivering Parent Support Partner Services or able to obtain your certification within one year.
- Experience with other child serving organizations (Department of Human Services, Juvenile Court, and Special Education)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.