Location: Primarily Upper Michigan and Wisconsin
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: competitive pay, overtime, paid on the job training, safety training and classroom safety instruction, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) and an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), life insurance, short-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), and more! We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
We are seeking outside plant Equipment Operators to run heavy equipment and install Coaxial (CATV) and/or fiber communication lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must understand and have knowledge of standard Telecommunication construction while working within all safety rules and regulations.
- Installation of underground communication facilities.
- Installation of underground Coax and Fiber.
- Operate a directional bore machine, backhoe, trencher, and additional heavy equipment as required.
- Responsible for the operation, daily maintenance checks, and inspection of fork lift, bulldozer, mini excavator, backhoe, air compressor, cable plow or directional bore equipment to ensure working order.
- Must be able to make field decisions when necessary and be capable of working with limited supervision.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Supervisor.
- Ability to learn and operate a horizontal direction drill in accordance with blueprints and designated plans.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be willing to travel and spend each week in a hotel.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Class A CDL preferred, otherwise must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Must pass and maintain a current DOT health certification.
- Must understand and adhere to Federal and State OSHA regulations as well as Company Safety Standards as written, briefed and posted.
- Must be able to interface with field personnel, outside professional services, management, visitors and company personnel.
- Required knowledge of D.O.T. regulations for working in roadways.
- Ability to lift and/or pull 80 lbs.
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting or walking, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching above the head.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
This is a full-time hourly position. You must be able to work beyond normal working hours of Monday through Friday including weekends as necessary.
To preview the work you will be performing please take a look at the videos below.