Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why People Choose to Work With Us:
Let's start with the cool workspace after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
The Applied Data Science team is looking for an emerging data scientist who is highly technical and can help us augment our ability to develop and deploy data science solutions. You will be responsible for co-leading the technical design, development and implementation of data science models across the organization. Your role will be highly technical, and we will leverage your expertise in data engineering, programming and modeling to help us conceive, design, develop and implement models to help drive our Digital Transformation. You will collaborate with data engineers, business subject matter experts, process engineers and functional leadership to establish contextual understanding of our data and business process to fully implement an end-to-end data science application that is efficient and scalable. You will be a crucial part in shaping the development and design of our data infrastructure for expanded analytical strategies for long term objectives involving high risk, uncertainty and complexity.
Who You Are:
* Knowledge and applied use of data science, statistical learning, machine learning, and operations research techniques identified for predictive and prescriptive modeling for business applications.
* Ability to manage projects with strong technical and data-driven components.
* Use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to successfully generate results.
* Able to overcome obstacles to achieve results, can work independently and as part of analytical project team to accomplish the objectives for our business partners.
* Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to assimilate business concepts into tangible actions.
* Strong desire to learn, develop and implement advanced data science techniques such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, complex non-linear optimization, etc.
Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field is highly preferred;
Experience in development of applications, predictive and prescriptive modeling techniques
Experience with the use of containers to deploy analytical models
Knowledge of cloud computing environments and Open Source tools such as Spark, TensorFlow, Git, etc. is highly preferred;
Knowledge of visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI) and applied use in visual storytelling is preferred.
Your Future Team:
You belong to a global, diverse, highly engaged crew that is focused on leading the organization through its digital transformation by working on problems + opportunities that require the creative and quantitative analytics of data to enable a capability for the organization that would be otherwise unavailable.
Our focus is to:
* Empower the organization to make data-driven decisions.
* Enable new ways of working through the use of Data Science.
* Lead the design and development of product offerings that provide value through analytics.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
For more details see online:URL