Job id : 7345-5446
SUMMARY We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Provides office support to a team of Nurse Liaisons and Admissions Coordinators. Primary responsibilities include data entry, word processing, computer tasks, filing, handling correspondence, QI data collection, network and phone mail data maintenance. Provides back-up for other secretarial/administrative staff when necessary.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Update and maintain departmental records and filing systems on a timely basis. Manage IP opportunity analysis tracking, IP Admission Referral Team and Patient Transfer Tracker team sites.
* Start process for inpatient admissions by sending insurance information to Patient Financial Services, Preregistering patients and entering information into the Preadmission Screen Chart Review in Cerner.
* Scan documents into Cerner as needed.
* Update daily census memorandum and keep appropriate departments and individuals within Mary Free Bed Hospital aware of changes as they occur.
* Participate in admission meetings with nursing to plan and prioritize admissions.
* Collect and report information regarding documentation for Medicare compliance to appropriate individuals within the hospital.
* Answer departmental phones, take messages, transfer calls or pages as appropriate. Make business phone calls as necessary.
* Deliver records to individuals or departments within the hospital.
* Send out time off notifications.
* Record and distribute minutes from meetings.
* Order brochures.
* Sort, open, collect and distribute mail.
* Complete departmental copying as needed.
* Assist Admissions Supervisor with quality improvement projects as needed.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education and Training Requirements):
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Two years medical office or health care experience, including knowledge of medical terminology
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
* Competent language, spelling and grammar skills with ability to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes and respond well to feedback.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
For more details go to URL