Nurse (RN or LPN)
Porter Hills - Health & Rehab Center
$3,000 Retention Bonus!
Shift: 6:00 pm - 6:15 am - Full Time
Benefits: DailyPAY (Work Today - Get Paid TOMORROW), Retirement Savings Plan option, shift differentials, Wellness Reimbursement, a supportive work environment, PLUS MORE!
Job Duties: The primary purpose of the nurse position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents and to oversee the daily nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such oversight must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, and as may be required by the Unit Manager or Assistant Director of Clinical Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
· Provides guidance to the CNAs on the performance of their duties as outlined in their job description and in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Health Center.
· Oversees and assists the CNAs with resident care, ensures staff is competent and compassionate, and may participate in employee performance reviews.
· Assists the supervisory personnel with coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
· Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician.
· Provides treatment to residents as ordered by the physician, and as according to the Registered Nurse scope of practice.
· Completes daily and monthly documentation, which is informative and descriptive, and reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to care.
· Performs admission and discharge procedures as directed.
· Assists Unit Manager in ensuring a sufficient number of staff are available to ensure routine nursing care is provided to meet the daily nursing care needs of each resident.
· Assists Unit Manager as needed.
· Must possess, as a minimum, an RN/LPN Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or be a graduate of an approved RN/LPN program.
· Must possess an up-to-date CPR certification.
· Must possess computer experience
· Must possess excellent communication skills
· Must possess knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population
· Two years' experience working with the elderly
· Completion of courses in geriatrics