At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities. Employees are our most valuable asset!
If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
Customer Service Representative
Requires a high level of customer interaction in providing exceptional sales and service. Responsible for following established policies and procedures to resolve customer requests. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals. Provides assistance to management for operational and compliance tasks in the day to day operations of the branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides excellent customer service; greets customers and inquires as to their financial needs.
- Opens new accounts and cross sells products and services, performing routine account maintenance when necessary.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of products and services offered.
- Identifies customer needs and matches needs with appropriate product or service, utilizing opportunities to suggest or cross-sell other bank products and services.
- Meets or exceeds branch sales goals by making qualified referrals.
- Logs customer interactions, referrals and sales into the Mercantile Customer Relationship System (360 View) with good follow-up.
- Performs and completes in an efficient and courteous manner the teller servicing of transactions; deposits, withdrawals, payments on loans and check cashing within the established policies and procedures. Backs-up the teller line as necessary.
- Provides approvals for teller transactions if applicable. Assists management by reinforcing risk management procedures and policies with tellers and acts as a resource to team members in making decisions.
- Works as a team player to assist co-workers and managers in completing daily branch tasks and responsibilities.
- Monitors appropriate reports and contacts customers as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two to four years of banking and customer service/retail sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and phone usage. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.