As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there’s one thing to do join us.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking Production Line Leads to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- Must have steel toe shoes/boots
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts including second, third & weekends and holidays
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $18.26 an hour
- Rate after certification of 2 lines $19.03
- Rate after certification of 4 lines $19.75
Monday-Saturday, 5:30pm -6:00am
Obtain all necessary paperwork and information for each production day.
Prepare line for production at the beginning of shift or when switching to different products. Make sure there is new glue for the labeler every day.
Set the cap code and case code by entering the appropriate information into the computer.
Obtain and supply line with appropriate labels.
Enter the HACCP results in the computer at the beginning of the shift.
Monitor production for quality and to meet standards.
Make sure operators and line utility perform jobs efficiently, correctly, and safely.
Check quality reports and initial them every hour.
Identify and resolve any problem with the line.
At the end of production, make sure everything is shut down and perform the required paperwork. Notify a mechanic or the supervisor of any equipment or any other problem.
Keep work are clean and orderly.
Perform any other duty as required by supervisor or lead person.
A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will have plenty of opportunities to work overtime, and opportunities to be trained on different jobs and earn higher wages. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable, reputable company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Must learn the safe and proper operation of the packaging filling equipment.
- Perform set-up, start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Responsible for clean-up of the equipment after smash-ups or misfeeds.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating any process or product abnormalities to your Supervisor, Team Leader, or Line Technician.
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP’s) when handling equipment.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Operators could be used on other lines and CMF operations for business needs.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP’s and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
Location(s): Holland Factory
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories