The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a regular part-time Staff Registered Nurse (RN) to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position is responsible for the direct total nursing care of patients while in the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit during the immediate post-operative phase; coordinates total nursing care pre, intra-operative, and post-operatively for patients; participates in patient/family pre-op teaching, and provides leadership by working collaboratively with ancillary nursing and other team members to maintain standards for professional nursing practices. This position also monitors and continually assesses operating room conditions including patient and surgical team needs.
The Staff RN reports to the Operating Room Nurse Manager and Peri-Operative Clinical Coordinator.
- Comply with best practices in nursing as well as established hospital policies and procedures to render care of patients.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and care providers at all times.
- Serve as relief Charge Nurse, as assigned.
- Provide patient education.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data on patient record.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $24.12 - $31.77 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, they offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. This is a regular, part-time day-shift position. Shifts are 8, 10 or 12 hours with varying start times between 6:00am – 9:00am. The Staff RN participates in the on-call rotation schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan; BSN degree preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire.
- Previous nursing experience in PACU or Operating Room preferred.
- Certifications in ACLS, CPAN and/or CNOR preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org