CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global ecommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
The Project Manager functions as the key liaison between the Development, Creative, and User Experience teams, client, Success Managers, and other project stakeholders. The Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and maximizing project health by allocating team assignments, maintaining consistent communication, ensuring budget and timeline adherence, and ensuring client satisfaction with project implementation.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for day-to-day client communication; respond to questions about timelines, collaborates on resolving issues, and coordinates execution of long term plans
- Manages project and task progress in the project management system; ensures the project team is achieving deliverables and that work will be delivered on time as expected by the client. Coordinates with the team to conduct ticket status follow up with client or project team
- Monitors employee time against allocation and project scope; investigates issues and works to resolve them with the employee or escalates issues, as needed, to management
- Creates and presents weekly status updates to Vice President of Operations, Success Managers, and/or clients to provide a snapshot of overall project health, progress, and projections
- Creates project team utilization forecasts, project schedules, and timelines. Works with the project team to ensure deliverables and estimates are aligned and accounted for within the project plan. Presents project plan to clients for alignment and approval
- Provides leadership to the project team. Facilitates collection of current status, analysis of open issues, and provides direction and priority related to the next steps. Schedules and facilitates regular internal meetings such as stand-ups, internal status, and retrospectives
- Schedules and facilitates client meetings such as stand-ups, planning sessions, status updates, and collaboration meetings regarding project kick-off, touchpoints, retrospectives, and user acceptance testing
- Captures potential risks communicated by internal and external stakeholders and documents them in regular status reports. Manages risk by creating mitigation plans with the project team. Implement mitigation plans if the risk is realized
- Prepares and issues invoices for projects managed; reviews and comments on invoices prepared by team members for accuracy
- Assists team members in ensuring access to all projects, documents, time tracking, and task management systems. Helps to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Meets regularly with Success Manager to align client communication approach and discuss potential opportunities to foster long-term relationships with clients. Collaborates with the Success Manager on strategic direction of the account
- Manages three (3) to five (5) small to mid-sized projects that are under 1000 hours, utilize standard CQL process and involve one (1) to two (2) CQL disciplines
- Manages four (4) to seven (7) client support engagements in addition to project workload
- Leads the implementation of one (1) to two (2) internal initiatives per year
- Performs administrative tasks such as attending internal team and company-wide meetings, responding to emails, and time tracking
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in project management
- Digital industry experience a plus
- PMP, CAPM or Agile-related certification a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management software
- Understands the basic concepts of web development and design process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Ability to consider problems and use root cause analysis to provide creative solutions to complex technical and business issues
- Ability to synthesize information from data
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns, as needed
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Possess a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and learn quickly
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and resources appropriately and effectively
- Ability to take ownership of a project from kickoff to conclusion, remaining accountable for shortcomings and sharing successes
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
- Active Listening: Actively attends to, conveys, and understands the questions and comments of others
- Customer Orientation: A desire to serve clients by focusing efforts on listening and responding effectively to customer questions, resolving customer problems to their satisfaction, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Decision Making: Ability to select an effective course of action by understanding issues, comparing solutions and drawing conclusions to resolve problems
- Problem Solving: Ability to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems
- Project Management: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of planning, organizing, delegation, staffing, directing and controlling work tasks
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.