The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the performance metrics and KPI's are achieved. Facilitate problem-solving activities within assigned production areas when abnormalities impact the performance of the area. Helps monitor shift start-up/hand-off activities, associate training, compliance with standardized work.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Drive troubleshooting and problem-solving activities within a dedicated production area when target performance is not achieved.
- Proactively facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Cooperate with cross-functional team members to make improvements as needed.
- Measure, chart and monitor predefined performance metrics.
- Coordinate on-time production start-up and monitor Kanban for the respective production area.
- Ensure smooth hand-off to the next shift by communicating production levels and issues.
- Regularly monitor and audit compliance with standardized work, escalating identified issues and retraining associates on the correct processes.
- Monitor adherence to 5S and drive improvement efforts.
- Develop and share A3 problem-solving stories within and across facilities.
- Adopt and implement best practices (A3's).
- Perform on-the-job training and cross-training of associates as needed.
- Help teach and develop team members in lean manufacturing principles and capabilities.
- Answer associate questions and foster a positive team oriented environment.
- Help manage staffing assignments and schedules including job rotation and overtime.
- Escalate labor shortages to Production Leader and cover absenteeism by operating equipment, as needed.
- Provide Production Leader with input into the performance of team members as requested.
- Serve as temporary Back-Up Leader to cover absences of Production Leader.
- Perform and demonstrate production and/or assembly of parts in a safe manner adhering to all Safety policies.
- If trained as a first responder, provide injury-related response as necessary.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Successful completion of Shape Corp. Leader Bootcamp training, or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the relevant manufacturing area and process; Shape Corp. Manufacturing Technician experience preferred
- Previous experience coaching others and/or assisting with on-the-job training preferred
- Preference for working with people in a team environment
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with prior exposure to lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Task-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications