We are looking for an individual excited by helping others resolve IT and technology-related issues. The ideal candidate would be looking for flexible, part-time work Monday-Friday. Anticipated hours available would vary from 0-20 hours per week, with potential for 40 hours per week at times. We would be open to offering hours that would support potential clients who operate on weekends. The work would be performed remotely for our clients in the USA through our RMM and PSA systems. We will provide the digital systems you will need to provide the IT support. The applicant must have access to a private, reliable high-speed internet connection.
The ideal candidate should be experienced configuring, diagnosing, and working within Microsoft Windows operating systems, primarily Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. Also, experience configuring and integrating Microsoft Office 360 applications and accounts is required. Experience setting up Active Domain accounts on a local server or Microsoft Azure cloud platform is a plus.
The technician will be responsible for providing IT support for all aspects of a small to medium office environment. Below is a brief list of the technologies, devices, and software the application should be familiar with and have experience using.
- End-point security: antivirus software and device firewall policies
- Backup services: local or cloud data backup
- Email account set-up and configuration, both locally and within online service accounts
- Network or directly connected printer configuration, management, and driver installation
- Network router configuration and diagnosis
- Network-attached storage set-up, maintenance, and integration
- Local data server configuration and management through a Microsoft Server operating system
- Cloud storage set-up and administration
- Windows PC accessory device installation and support: keyboard, mouse, USB drive, desktop hub, etc...
- Windows PC software installation and set-up
Applicants with common IT certifications received within the last 3-5 years will receive preferential consideration. Below is a list of desirable certifications.
- A+ (CompTIA)
- Google IT Support Professional
- Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- MTA: Networking Fundamentals
- MTA: Security Fundamentals
- MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MSCA: Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- HDI Desktop Support Technician certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation Level
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional
We seek to provide diverse employment opportunities that serve the employee and utilize their gifts and abilities. We look for ways to provide a flexible and accommodative work structure that best serves our clients and our employees. We wish to empower our employees to solve challenges at work as well as in their personal lives.
We hope this position provides a fulfilling opportunity for your skills to serve others.