Job Summary: Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.Ability to read, write and follow directions/instructions. On-the-job training provided.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to balance, bend, climb, crawl, crouch, kneel, reach, sitting, squat, stand, twist and walk 100% of the time. Must be able to hear speech, distinguish sounds and speak. Must have near vision, far vision, depth perception and be able to distinguish colors. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Maintain established department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Dust furniture, woodwork, equipment and all horizontal surfaces.
- Operate all automated equipment according to manufacturer's safety recommendations.
- Wet mop rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Shampoo rugs and furniture.
- Clean fixtures, tops or windows, door frames and high areas using a ladder.
- Gather and dispose of trash and waste materials following all safety and infection control regulations.
- Move furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Able to buff, strip, wax and polish floors to a high shine and also maintain those floors.
- Clean vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepare room for new occupant; follow isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Clean offices following procedure for office cleaning.
- Clean all restrooms daily following procedure for restroom cleaning.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Maintain and stock janitorial closets and carts.
- Clean all equipment prior to putting the equipment away at the end of the shift.
- Accepts responsibility for customer satisfaction by maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Reports supply and equipment issues to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all maintenance issues following proper reporting procedures.
Attends all mandatory in-services without prompting.
Avoids excessive socializing; completes work in a timely manner and uses slack time to facility advantage.
- Meets all attendance standards. 23 Requests coaching and assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new tasks, procedures and skills and to cross-train with positions.
- Demonstrates professionalism and promotes a harmonious working environment by communicating clearly and working cooperatively with co-workers and all customers.
- Assists coworkers when needed without prompting from supervisor.
- Reports to work on time ready to work.
- Responds immediately to all alarms, i.e. fire, security
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean storage area.
- Accepts constructive criticism from team leaders and/or supervisors.
- Maintains a professional composure in high stress, emotional situations.
- Treats all persons in the work environment with dignity and respect.
- Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings.