Die Cast Operator
Muskegon, MI, USA Req #1171
Friday, February 7, 2020
Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in making advanced aluminum die cast parts to be used in in the automotive and recreational vehicle industries. Our technology is cutting edge and so is our training and development program. Come to Pace for a career, not just another job.
This application is a two (2) step process:
1) Filling out this application in its entirety and
2) Completion of the TalentSorter assessment that will be emailed to you upon completion of the online application.
You will be receiving an assessment from TalentSorter on behalf of Pace Industries. Please take the time to fill this out. Failure to do so will result in not being selected for the next step in our interviewing process. Thank you.
Die Cast Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift
Muskegon, MI - Port City Group Division, Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company. Join us in making advanced aluminum die cast and Plastic Injected Molded parts to be used in the Automotive and Recreational Vehicle Industries. Come see the difference between a Job and a Career. At Pace we are committed to the growth and development of our team members.
Competency Based Training allows you to earn based on what you can do. Pay scales and increases go up based on the experience and skills you learn on the job; and your individual performance.
Die Cast Operator Position Description:
Employees are required to operate die cast machine, trim presses and all related equipment. Demonstrate the ability to perform basic quality checks and document performance on an hourly basis. Follow and adhere to safety regulations regarding the safe operation of die casting and trimming equipment.
Learn at your own pace to move up based on the experience you'll gain while working with us. Already have experience from a previous position? Tell us about it during your interview so we can start you at the appropriate rate.
* 12.00 Entry Level plus .75 Shift Premium = $12.75 to start
* Up to $16.25 at Level III upon completion of training
* In addition to these hourly rates, we have other opportunities for growth and development in the areas of increased inspection and training.
* Upon completion of the highest level in an area, we will begin training you on a new plan. You set your own limits at Pace Industries.
What it takes to be a Die Cast Operator at Pace Industries:
We look to hire individuals that embody our core values: Accountability, Compassion, Excellence, Fairness, & Integrity. A great attitude and great attendance are a must. Each team member is important to our daily operations, when one person is gone it can cause multiple people to fall short of their daily goals and nobody wants that.
You will be active by standing, lifting and moving around and working in hot temperatures. Industrial Athletes are encouraged to apply! Must show attention to instructions and details to make a quality part, don't worry we have instructions for everything and patient trainers.
Mechanical aptitude and previous industrial experience in operating equipment is a strong plus, specifically in Die Cast. Must work safely and efficiently to make production rates to get parts to our customers on time. Safety is a 24/7 commitment at Pace. We want you going home to your family each day feeling the same or better than when you came in.
1st Shift Monday-Friday 6am-2pm (may vary slightly depending on location)
2nd shift Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm (may vary slightly depending on location)
3rd shift Monday-Friday 10pm-6am (may vary slightly depending on location)
Overtime frequently available and often required.
Wages: Details can be provided for each level during the interview process. Make sure we know what you can do!
Die Cast Operator Levels:
*12.00 Entry Level plus .75 Shift Premium = $12.75 to start
*12.50 Level I plus .75 Shift Premium = $13.25/hour
oLevel I Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow and adhere to safety regulations regarding the safe operation of die casting and trimming equipment.
* Must perform basic die cast and trim operations, understand part make-up, flashing, gate and trim expectations.
* Perform basic quality checks and document performance on an hourly basis.
* Properly logging information into databases.
* Must be able to evaluate the effects of the equipment on the quality of the parts.
* Will strive to improve process to continually increase production and improve quality.
* Must continuously train to keep up with technology.
* Correctly route product to departments.
* Must follow all safety rules and policies as set forth by OSHA guidelines and Pace Industries policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
* Read Key Paperwork - Standard Work Identification - Storage and Retrieval of tools and equipment.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
*13.75 Level II plus .75 Shift Premium = $14.50/hour
oLevel II Duties and Responsibilities:
* Must have the ability to start up and trouble shoot DCM.
* All functions of Die Cast Operator I.
* Able to follow protocol related to machine downtime and quality control escalation.
* Will be required to help the casting operators with training.
* Able to accurately document part measurement... For full info follow application link.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.