GHSP, a Global Mechatronics organization is currently looking for aManufacturing Engineer-Automation II to join our team in Hart, Michigan.
At GHSP, we serve our customers, owners, communities, suppliers and each other through the four values that define us as a company: Earn Trust, Learn by Doing, Work Together, and Steward the Legacy of our founders.
These simple, yet powerful ideas form the foundation of a work environment in which people are recognized for their work. People can develop and grow here in a strong team environment where creativity and innovation are woven into the fabric of everyday life and work. Great people and great team produce great outcomes for our customers and the communities where we do business.
About the Position
The ME-Automation-II directs & assures implementation of automation project improvements. From concepts ranging from improving individual PM's to fully implemented new additions to the equipment. Assures current processes and equipment are efficient & effective. Supports all other improvements in automation process and equipment changes/replacements from start of manufacturing life through to last day of service needs.
Primary Responsibilities for this position involve
- Automation and robotics in Molding and assembly area.
- Equipment Implementation and Sourcing.
- Safety and Ergonomics Focus.
- Process Improvement.
- Experience in molding end of arm tooling, automation including Sepro and Fanuc robotics.
- Experience in equipment sourcing and implementation by using safety and ergonomic directives, RFQs and appropriation Requests.
- Knowledge of equipment verification tools including: Capability studies, Gauge R&Rs and DOE.
- Financial Management skills.
- Knowledge of TPM Principles.
- Experience in Directing PFMEAs updates/changes at each step of the process life including service.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools like Lean Manufacturing, VSM, etc.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of tooling equipment capabilities.
- Project Management skills.
- BS+ 3-5 year engineering related work experience in technical role in high speed, quality manufacturing.
- AAS+10 year's working in related field as a senior technician or manufacturing engineering.
- HSD+20 year's proven progressive technical work history experience in automotive manufacturing
REQ NUMBER: 443
AREA OF INTEREST: Engineering