Title: Quality Inspector -
Delta Gear is an AS9100 and ISO9001 registered facility which manufactures Automotive & Truck Differentials, Gear Products, Prototype/Development and Production, Transmission Builds. In addition, we provide contract gear and CMM inspection services. We are also a NADCAP approved non-destructive testing facility and currently provide Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) and Nital Etch.
- Support the quality and manufacturing departments with 1st piece, in-process and final inspection of parts
- Use of manual inspection equipment including but not limited to micrometers, gages and other inspection equipment
- Wenzel CMM inspection equipment
- Gleason, Wenzel & Klingelnberg Gear inspection Machines
- Reviewing G,D & T on prints to determine inspection methods
- Perform layout inspections, first piece approvals, in-process inspections and other aspects of quality control through-out manufacturing processes.
- Gather and maintain quality documentation including first articles, ballooning drawings and assembling certification packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gear inspection experience is helpful but not required
- Strong communication, and motivational and skills
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A technical background for manufacturing and metrology related equipment
- CMM knowledge along with programming using OpenDMIS 6
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Inspection tools and best practices
- GD&T knowledge and use
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, Dental, 401(k), and more. We are proud of our company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status.