Arrow Staffing's Kentwood Branch is actively seeking AUTOMATIC PRESS OPERATOR TRAINEES. This position would be training to operate all production machines and feed equipment, including transfers, according to Specifications, Machine Operating Instructions, and the Part Control Plan. Fill out Hour-by-Hour Charts with shift information and problem identification information. Exposure to regular plant conditions with dirt, oil and smoke, these conditions would not be considered always desirable conditions.
- Learn to stage, set, and become proficient in troubleshooting dies for automatic presses (using press controls and sensors)
- Learn to blank feed, operate departmental straighteners and presses to process parts.
- Learn to maintain press fluid levels.
- Learn to prepare, load, and adjust feeders. Verify proper raw material/stock against router and check sheet.
- Read, understand, and complete all production paperwork and tags, including scrap, move, production and bar code. Use the routing system to proficiently start jobs, print labels, (load components/raw materials) and close out jobs.
- Follow set up instructions when setting up presses.
- Follow general operator instructions when operating the press.
- Pack and stack parts according to internal and external customer specifications.
- Learn quality procedures as related to automatic press operation – and requesting and verifying raw material.
- Conducts first piece and parts-in-process inspections, according to the inspection sheets.
- Use calipers, micrometers, attribute gates, variable gages, and taper gages to ensure quality.
- Documenting frequency based quality check
- Cleans machine, work area, during and after production.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Actively uses checking fixtures in the proper manner.
- Participates in overall machine effectiveness efforts and waste reduction.
- Works in the most efficient manner to meet and exceed all established corporate goals.
- Assists in analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, policies and procedures, including ISO, and safety regulations; assist in investigating and documenting potential infractions.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Give and accept instructions and duties in a positive manner, treating all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining Company values (Family, Inventive Spirit, Appreciation, Give Back, Communication) daily, through thoughts and actions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED. Ability and willingness to complete Automatic Press Operator (APO) training within one year of enrollment.
- Minimum of 3 months manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs. periodically and 30 lbs regularly
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or longer
- Must be able to communicate well with other departments and leads on a routine basis
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen*
WHY ARROW STAFFING?
- Building your career. Building relationships.
- Arrow Staffing puts talented people to work.
- Get started today!
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with some of the Grand Rapids, Michigan Metropolitan area businesses!
- Temporary, Temp to Hire and Direct Hire positions available.
- Weekly paychecks!
- Medical benefits!
- Referral bonuses!
· For Job Listings: https://jobs.arrowstaffing.com/Jobs