ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains work area cleanliness.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must wear orange vest while operating the fork lift
- Operate the fork lift in a safe manner.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain safe work area.
- Reports all potentially unsafe conditions.
- Ensure that each operator in designted area is supplied with adequate and correct production materials.
- Assist in clean-up and shift change-over needs.
- Use of hand held scanner.
- Ensure all containers have proper quantities
- Verify components which you deliver to each work station.
- Know what each customer requires for packaging.
- Maintain even flow of empty packaging to storage
- Quarantine non-conforming material.
- Set up supplier / customer in-house sorting when needed.
- Since it is impossible to foresee every situation in production needs, you may be assigned responsibilities outside the scope of the job description to meet production needs.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Abiltiy to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkes, supervisors and other plant personnel. Attention to detail and accuracy to completion of scheduled taskes. Must be able to operate a forklift equipment correctly,efficiently and safely in a manufacturing environment. Must have the ability to perform computer input commands and scanning activities accurately.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent; minimum one year of safe fork lift driving experience.
Basic math and problem solving skills required for completion of paperwork and reporting.
Use of a hand held scanner to perform RF scanning functions.
The employee must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Hilo (fork truck) operator’s license. Valid Driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to; walk; bend; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, and to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.