Fisher Dynamics is seeking an experienced Robotic Weld Technician with Fanuc and Motoman experience, to join our busy plant in St. Clair Shores.
To coordinate and develop the process/procedures as it relates to welding in an effort to provide efficient and quality welding applications for new product launches and for current production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up of robotic and resistance weld operations and Poke-yoke apparatus
- Fixture modifications and adjustments
- Assist quality with first piece inspection process
- Establish, maintain, and implement welding parameters to support production and Quality Assurance
- Operate and program robotic weld cells
- Assist in the training of the operators on all weld operations
- Responsible for verifying and documenting changes to process parameters
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot automated welding cells and equipment
- Assist Welding Engineer as needed
- Works to eliminate downtime. Identifies and eliminates sources of downtime and extraneous variation through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective measures with Engineering Teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Robotic troubleshooting and programming – Fanuc and Motoman
- Welding proficiency – knowledge of multiple welding processes including laser welding, gas metal arc welding, and resistance welding – including the ability to manually weld and pass the welding certification requirements
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and maintaining welding equipment – Lincoln Electric, Miller, Entron, HighYag RLSK, IPG, Precitec, etc.