Position at JBS USA Food Company
- Manage and supervise hourly employees, schedule and direct workforce. Ensures area is properly staffed/ crewed to meet operational needs.
- Coordinates maintenance employee’s responsibilities and oversees mechanical equipment
- Process maintenance downtime reports
- Assign work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintain department budget within specified guidelines
- Track Time and attendance for payroll
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing costs and employee retention
- Conducts pre-operational inspection, and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to ensure operation begins as scheduled
- Conducts safety meetings and safety audits
- Provides technical, mechanical, and/or electrical assistance throughout shift
- Delegates training procedures to maintenance employees
- Assign projects to appropriate maintenance personnel
- Maintains good working relationships with the Union, USDA, and maintenance employees.
- Manage job changes/ rotations
- Able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications
- General knowledge of machinery associated with the industry
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong trouble shooting skills, with the ability to make quick decisions
- Knowledge in electrical, hydraulic, welding and some PLC training
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- 1-2 years proven supervisory experience; preferably in a manufacturing or production environment but not required
- People management skills
Schedule is 4-12 hour days and 3 days off a week.
Please apply on line, go to: https://jobs.jbssa.com/apply
OPEN POSITIONS - Click on Select a Location - Use DROP DOWN – Click on PLAINWELL, MI Then click on SEARCH. You will find the job Listed @ JBS.