Senior Electronics Engineer - 20000248
The Senior Electronics Engineer provides electronics hardware and or software design, development, validation and launch support to effectively and efficiently launch electronic product for YFAI. Responsible for the following product/program requirements:
* On time and within budget utilizing resources as directed.
* Works with customer engineering, purchasing and quality groups to support Requests for Information, Requests for Quote, new designs and quality issues.
* Interprets customer hardware & software requirements and specifications.
* Provides electronics hardware design capabilities (including LIN and CAN communications) that are commensurate with the needs of the supported product zones.
* Provides embedded firmware development capabilities (including LIN and CAN communications) that are commensurate with the needs of the supported product zones.
* Generates schematics, Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Printed Circuit Board layouts.
* Creates software flowcharts and Software Robustness Test Plans.
* Develops DFMEA’s and DRBFM’s as required per design.
* Leads and supports design and trim integration reviews.
* Fully document product to YFAI standards using all YFAI and Industry standards and systems (BOS, PRP, Lean, BEP, PLM, APQP, IPC, ISO….)
* Capable of clearly documenting design assumptions, calculations and justifications for each new design.
* Create test specifications for In-Circuit (ICT), Functional Test (FT) and End-of-Line (EOL) testers.
* Confirms design concepts and fundamental technologies used for new products or improvement of existing product.
* Assists in forecasting workload and working with direct hires, contract labor, consultants and or other third parties to provide technical resource depth and capacity.
* Works with the PCBA manufacturing plant, operations, quality and purchasing groups to support new product design for manufacture, production, product changes, component obsolescence, and supplier issues.
* Supports analysis of product failures during launch, production and warranty.
* Supports product design cost optimization using design analysis, Bill of Material reviews and competitive benchmarking and attending VA/VE activities.
* Provide hardware, software, and system design as well as development and validation guidance to lesser experienced engineers.
* Creates and submits proposals for consideration and allocation of resources for key development projects.
* Perform schematic capture and PCB layout (Experience with Altium Designer is a plus).
* All other duties assigned by Manager.
* Leadership / mentoring support of the team
* Succession planning
* Resource planning
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity