ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide administrative and management functions for engineering, construction, tryout, and installation of the assigned project, along with maintaining the financial goals of the company.
- Set-up and coordinate project kick-off meeting. This should include the review of the AQP checklist and signing of the team feasibility document.
- Timeline management. Establish and maintain the project schedule.
- Initiate and develop open issues matrix.
- Understand and maintain the project budget. This includes preparing for periodic job cost review.
- Coordinate engineering and construction requirements between internal departments (finance, manufacturing, purchasing) and the customer.
- Hold regular project meetings to monitor progress and identify any action items needed to maintain the project schedule.
- Work with Mechanical and Controls Design to implement cost effective construction techniques.
- Identify and track engineering changes.
- Identify and schedule receipt of customer supplied materials.
- Influence manufacturing decisions that affect project completion or project budget (O/S Machining, Resource Implementation).
- Participate as an advisor during the debug, tryout, and installation of the equipment.
- Assure that the project is properly staffed and that the timely flow of information between all parties is maintained.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.