Boyer Steel Inc.
Job Description: Warehouse Clerk
Boyer Steel Inc., a distributor of metal tube and pipe is seeking an honest, hard-working individual with a positive attitude to join their team. The successful applicant must have a strong work ethic, dedicated to their craft and is punctual.
Role and Responsibilities
- Greet customers, visitors and all delivery personnel at point of entry into warehouse
- Pack and unpack inventory and store as appropriate
- Examine and Inspect inventory for accuracy and condition and report any discrepancies to Supervisor
- Fill orders based on customer requirements
- Examine shipment content and compare records or invoices, to verify accuracy.
- Verify inventory by comparing them to physical count of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Load/Unload trucks and/or carriers delivering inventory/materials
- Secure bundles of materials with metal banding, stretch wrap and filament tape.
- Lift 70 pounds
- Must be flexible with scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for employment applicant must be able to:
- Lift 70 pounds
- Accurately measure material with ruler and tape rule (to within 1/32”)
- Accurately measure material with a Vernier caliper and micrometer (to within .001”)
- Demonstrate proficiency in mathematics including adding and subtracting fractions
- Ability to stand or be on your feet for up to 4 hours continuously for 8-hour day
- Schedule Flexibility- Must able to work overtime based on business needs to include Saturday
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to operate an overhead crane, lift truck/hi-lo, and band saws
- Full-time position: Hours of Operation 6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (work hours may vary)
- Health Benefits
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time