Welder/Fabricator - Standard Products - 1st shift
Russells Technical Products, a world-class builder of environmental test chambers, helps great companies make better and safer products. We’ve been a leading supplier to Fortune 500 companies in many industries including defense, aerospace, alternative energy, pharmaceutical and many others for over 50 years. Our systems are built to simulate nearly any extreme condition that a customer may present to our engineering team.
We highly value our team members, are committed to their growth and development, as well as committed to preserving our customers’ trust by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
Our growing company is looking to add team members who have a “can do” attitude, are committed to excellence, and share the values we demonstrate in our work – integrity, humility and trust. Join us, a community committed to excellence and teamwork, for a great career experience.
We are currently searching for candidates for Welder/Fabricator - 1st shift. Some of the skills/responsibilities for this position are:
- Read, comprehend and follow Standard Products Department Work Instructions.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly setup and use welding machines (TIG, MIG and Spot) for the proper material type and thickness.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to identify proper welding technique required, for example, proper weld temperature, speed and penetration for the required material type and thickness.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly weld the following normally used materials:
- 20-, 16- & 12-gauge 304 stainless steel
- 16-gauge 316L stainless steel
- 20-, 16- & 12-gauge Cold Rolled Steel (CRS)
- 7-gauge and ¼” Hot Rolled Steel (HRS)
- 3/16” Hot Rolled Steel (HRS) Angle and Channel
- 16- and 12-gauge Paintloc galvanized steel
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to properly prepare parts and materials for the required welding procedure.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to correctly fabricate weldments that are square and true to the provided print(s).
- Ability to read, understand and follow department work instructions.
- Basic math and measuring skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in MIG/TIG and spot-welding techniques.
- One or more years of experience using MIG/TIG and spot-welding techniques preferred.