Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three months experience operating manufacturing machinery such as welders, riveters, grinders, tappers, or other assembly machinery
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Operators are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometers
The Primary Activities of the Machine Operator include:
- Read, understand, and complete all production paperwork, including inspection check sheets, quality alerts, and standard work instructions in the job books.
- Follow set-up instructions when operating machines. Support activities in the change-over process.
- Read, follow, and complete tags.
- Use work scheduling system to proficiently start jobs, print labels, load components and raw materials, and close out jobs.
- Operate machines and/or presses to process parts via standard instructions, consistently maintaining appropriate production levels.
- Troubleshoot machines to ensure both part quality and maximum production levels.
- Manually repair parts as needed according to process instructions to meet customer specifications.
- Follow pack instructions according to customer specifications and prepare for shipping.
- Properly place scrap in the right container.
- Check the Total Preventative Maintenance of the machines, and if measurements are found to be out of the defined ranges, notify the Team Leader.
- Perform other duties as required to support production as directed by the Team Leader.
Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles:
- Efficiently utilize machine downtime.
- Participate in, and support lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events and problem solving events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste. Document cost savings, consolidate processes, and eliminate unnecessary operations.
- Suggest and implement ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Follow control plans (inspection sheets) to complete first piece and in-process checks. Conduct quality checks per check sheet and quality alerts, including visual inspections.
- Use calipers, micrometers, thread gages, height gages, rind gages, and other quality items as required by work center in order to ensure the production of quality parts.
- Stop production and notify Team Leader when a non-standard condition is found.
- Operate the CMM and interpret CMM reports.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS 16949 and safety regulations.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), controls, safety devices and use of coolants.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action, bringing to the attention of leadership.
- Organize and maintain personal work area per 5S standards
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management, including training and validating/appraising work as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner, while treating all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining P&C values (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership, We can if…Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.