Pridgeon & Clay has an opening for an experienced Automatic Press Operator on 3rd shift (10:30pm until 6:30am). Starting hourly pay is $16.00 plus $0.75 shift premium, with ample room for overtime and growth. The Primary Activities of the Automatic Press Operator include:
- Prepare presses and work sites for set up. Follow set up instructions when setting up presses. Set up presses within all press categories, including preparing and adjusting straighteners; preparing, loading and adjusting feeders; aligning stock; assisting with transfer system set-up (adjusting finger positions, installing and homing rails, and setting pitch;) and preparing next set up (clean slugs and bolsters, and obtain fixtures).
- Prepare dies for installation, installing and removing dies in the press.
- Operate the automatic presses, following general operator instructions and the control plans, including reading, understanding and completing all production paperwork, and reading, following and completing tags.
- Monitor and maintain press fluid levels, changing lubricant and adjusting concentration of lubricant during both set-up and troubleshooting, and properly disposing of waste oil.
- Troubleshoot presses (using Smart Pac, CNC computers, sensors and controls) to ensure both quality and maximum levels of production.
- Verify the proper raw material stock against router and check sheets.
- Load, remove, start, end and band steel coils.
- Utilize various systems (intranet, Kanban, EAM) to obtain information pertinent to job tasks and to order materials as necessary.
- Safely operate hi-los, overhead cranes, and die carts to load and unload steel coils, transport dies, move scrap, and transport finished product.
- Follow all ISO/TS policies and procedures.
- Use calipers, micrometers, height gages, protractors, attribute gates, variable gages, taper gages, and/or ring gages to ensure quality production per the Control Plan.
- Operate the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and interpret CMM reports.
- Document procedures per the control plan, including visual inspections, first-piece and parts-in-process inspections, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) Charting, reporting any discrepancies to the Team Leader.
- Consistently follow safety procedures during all phases of work: set up, installation of dies, loading material, operating presses, etc.
- Use designated personal protective equipment for the work environment.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action.
Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles/5S:
- Participate in lean initiatives and continuous improvement and problem-solving events, applying lean manufacturing concepts to work methods (CIA’s, quick set-up, standardized work, error-proofing) and identifying and attempting to eliminate all types of waste.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Participate in the development and implementation of successful action plans to achieve temporary and permanent corrective actions, as needed.
- Organize and maintain work area and 5S zone to optimize productivity (based on audit score), including items such as sweeping, mopping, wiping down press controls, and controlling slugs.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and competency when providing troubleshooting guidance to team members and when directing the work of others, such as Utility workers, Hi-lo Drivers, and others.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers, effectively communicating with Die Techs, Maintenance personnel, team members and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining P&C values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.