MARKETING & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Eng. is looking for a highly motivated and energetic professional who is experienced in handling a wide range of office support activities for the efficient operation of the company. The Marketing and Administrative Assistant is well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. A successful applicant will excel in oral and written communication and maintain a working knowledge of office administration.
Primary duties include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Development to write and organize proposals and other strategic marketing materials to help secure work for our professional engineering firm.
- Strong verbal communication is key for success.
- Coordinates, writes, and may lead qualification packages, proposals and leave behind material for pursuits, including reviewing/editing content for clarity, compliance and key messages.
- Technical writing including assistance with proposals, specifications, letters, reports, and instructional documents.
- Answer, screen, and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, fax, and mailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for team members.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Record, compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Completion of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous marketing and office administration experience a plus.
Eng., Inc. is an award-winning Civil Engineering and Surveying firm working primarily for Michigan municipalities on projects including streets, water and sewer infrastructure, sidewalks, pathways, and parking lots, and Drain and Water Resources Commissioners on storm water management and complex water resources projects, having received multiple MACDC awards.
Our team lives the core values of Pride, Passion, & Performance; Work Hard & Live Well; Responsive & Accountable; and finally, Be the Best. These values are demonstrated by being enthusiastic about the work we are undertaking and delivering a great product to the best of our ability, promoting professional growth and personal enjoyment with the ability to go the extra mile when required, the ability to do what way we say we will do and take ownership of our responsibilities and achieve them on a daily basis, and being the best versions of ourselves every day both professionally and personally. We take pride in having fun at work in a positive work environment, and we provide countless planned activities outside of work for fun as well.
We offer varied opportunities for experience, growth, professional development, leadership, and ownership in a flexible team-based culture. It’s hard to quantify our passion for mentoring, training, coaching and inspiring employees to reach their full potential.
We have offices in Lansing, Grand Haven, and Grand Rapids. This position is ideally suited for our Lansing, MI office location.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability.