Embedded Controller QRD Lead
Part - Time Position
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why work for us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. Our Vehicle Motion Embedded Controls (VMEC) team is on the forefront of this work, emboldening our culture by seeking out determined, innovative individuals who will join our team to help move us forward and achieve our mission.
We are looking for a high-performing Embedded Controller QRD Lead to provide support to VMEC personnel. You will be leading warranty reduction efforts by using data to perform warranty analysis of the various controllers within VMEC. The projects will be based on but not limited to controller return data, PRTS investigations, top Pareto issues, emerging issues, and inputs from CPIT. Other responsibilities will include creating and managing top emerging issues reports and working warranty projects through to a solution.
- Single-point ownership to communicate all controller quality issues
- Effectively communicate top quality issues to Global PMT leaders & Technical Specialists
- Engage and support DREs, EGMs, SQ, Aftersales and Suppliers to root cause, contain and correct all controller quality issues
- Report out to Engineering Management and Quality Manager on QRD focus area
- Focus the VMEC engineering team on top issues Pareto at the controller level across families, via Controller CPIT
- Ensure team is utilizing resources effectively to optimized quality improvements
- Enable communication across PMTs for interface issues with common data formats
- Act as a leader of lessons learned, read across and issue follow-up
- Create and manage top emerging issues reports for rapid issue communication globally
- Provide basic prioritization of top issues
- Track and understand quality indicator numbers for internal IPTV
- Provide short and long term Q-R-D (Quality, Reliability, Durability) analysis from applicable internal & external sources
- Support specific PID analysis
- Ensure service information accuracy with respect to controllers
Minimum Skills and Experience Required
- BS in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- Minimum 5+ years experience with various warranty systems: GART, QIS2, AQA, SAS EG, Tracker GART, MERS, Terra Data
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative, urgency and pro-activity
- High degree of functional / technical and program management skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work minimum 24 hours/week
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Excel, specifically the use Pivot tables
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Red X design analysis
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult