PSG is part of the Fluids segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion
Position Summary: PSG is a global leader in the manufacture of pumps, systems and related flow-control solutions for the safe, efficient and reliable transfer of critical and valuable materials and recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results. This position will support the Grand Rapids, Michigan facility which manufactures Blackmer and System One products. The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervisory oversight in the Machine Shop, and/or Rotor & Shaft, Vapor, and Hardware departments. A key responsibility of the position is to ensure the timely and efficient production and delivery of quality pumps and related products through direct, coordinated supervision, using Lean Manufacturing Techniques. This individual will be responsible for the cost effective utilization of employee resources and capital resources required to operate a group of manufacturing department. This is a third shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the production activity within the Machine Shop to achieve Safety, Quality, and Delivery, Cost, and Productivity objectives on a daily basis.
- Performance Management: Accomplish objectives by communicating job expectations to employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; Hold direct reports accountable for their performance; coaching, counseling, and performance management of employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, including; Engineering, Sales, Customer Care and Supply Chain.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and 6S activities for assigned manufacturing departments.
- Prepare reports and be prepared to discuss with management the status of departmental and/ or individual metrics, workload and current projects.
- Prepare detailed work instructions per ISO standards.
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment as required.
- Assist engineering in the development of new products and processes.
- Maintain qualified workforce at the proper level, to meet production schedules.
- Address safety concerns; ensure employees use prescribed safe work methods and utilize proper safety equipment.
- Motivate employees through involvement with group activities, being sensitive to individual needs.
- Interface directly with other departments regarding problems and opportunities, finding methods to enhance quality and timely-efficient production and delivery.
- Assist in setting standards, work methods and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience supervising employees in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experience is required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- CNC Machining experience is preferred.
- Familiarity of working within an ISO regulated requirement is preferred.