1.0 OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Processing employees will work closely with the Production supervisor and leads with daily production operations.
2.0 SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Processing employee has the ability to perform all fresh vegetable preparation and cooking tasks and manufacture brine following company procedures and HACCP guidelines that ensure the production of “Safe” food. This position reports to the Production supervisor and will be asked at times to work with the HACCP Team to evaluate and approve change control and validations.
Recognize safety as one of our number one priorities. It is expected that the employee will operate all equipment in a safe manner, adhere to state and company safety guidelines, wear appropriate PPE, and follow other company guidelines.
The Processing employees work closely with the Quality Control supervisor and promote quality throughout the course of their day demonstrating a genuine interest and actively support quality goals, objectives, and activities. The Processing employee need to understand HACCP, our critical control points, and temperature requirements.
- Promote and strive to maintain a positive, supportive culture that is team centered, including being self driven, motivated, accepting responsibility, completing assigned work, and participating in our everyday work in a proactive manner.
- After training to become a Qualified Individual, perform CCP Monitoring as assigned according to prescribed frequency.
- Measure the critical control point as described in the written instructions on the form
- Record the results on the form provided and determine if they fall within the critical limits noted on the form.
- Report any deviations immediately to one of the following: Quality Assurance personnel, General Manager of Operations, and/or Food Safety Manager.
- Maintain the form and fill it out completely.
- File the completed record with the verifier.
- Check with supervisor or QA if there are any questions
- Treat all employees with respect and address employee concerns promptly.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of our critical control points.
- Have the knowledge and ability to blanch and cook fresh beets.
- Have the knowledge and ability to batch all types of brines.
- Have the knowledge and ability to perform “Hot Water Bath” process.
- Operate kettles in a safe manner.
- Observe and manage heating processes ensure products meet time and temperature requirements.
- Tend and observe processing operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled products to standards taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Adjust machine components to regulate product temperatures and through put.
- Clean the kettles and area at the end of the shift.
- Work with the Maintenance supervisor and perform preventive maintenance procedures as assigned.
- Ensure GMP’s and Good Housekeeping practices are upheld in processing areas.
- Effectively respond to and communicate equipment and quality issues to the management team.
- Ensure documentation is reviewed and filled out properly.
- Adhere to established Safety, GMP, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
3.0 SKILL/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRMENTS
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 – 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience in food preparation and handling a plus.
4.0 CONDITIONS THE WORKER WILL BE SUBJECT TO IN THIS POSITION
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to high heat.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that may affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is required to wear all safety protective equipment required by Safie’s and/ or by the State of Michigan-Department of Labor.
- Wet work environment.
5.0 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Medium Work:Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. (20%)
- Visual Acuity Requirements Including Color, Depth Perception, & Field of VisionInspection – This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals largely with visual inspection involving small defects, small defects, color variances, size at distances and close to the eyes.
- Stooping:Bending downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles. (25%)
- Kneeling:Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on one knee or both knees (10%)
- Crouching:Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine (20%)
- Reaching:Extending hand(s) and arms(s) in any direction. (75%)
- Standing:Particularly for sustained periods of time. (90%)
- Walking:Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances. (50%)
- Pulling:Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in sustained motion. (15%)
- Lifting:Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Requires substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles. (10%)
- Fingering:Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. (10%)
- Grasping:Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. (50%)
- Talking:Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. (50%)
- Hearing:Perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 dB loss at 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined. (80%)
- Visual:Visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field of vision. (100%)
Additional Information – Please Read
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.