Residential Advisor (Full-Time/On-Call/Substitute) positions available.
The Residential Living Advisor position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor (Human Learning Systems).
The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program.
The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties: The Residential Living Advisor provides a safe, supportive and consistent environment with dormitory supervision of Job Corps students in their daily activities. The Advisor monitors students progress in attaining performance contract goals, objectives and utilizes behavior management with intentional and consistent practices. The Advisor conducts dormitory operations in accordance to Center and company operating policies and procedures.
Description of Duties:
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a mentor
- Ensures that students meet required scheduling
- Ensures that students are adequately prepared for the training day; students are dressed appropriately, etc.
- Adheres to all PRH, PAG, and company policies and procedures, and the Center’s Operating Procedures
- Models, Mentors and Monitors Career Success Standards
- Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, special recreation activities, cafeteria monitoring, transportation, and programmed activities
- Provides informal counseling related to stress management, personal problems, emergency or home situations, etc., with students, and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes
- Documents student records according to requirements of PRH; access and input of all relevant student data, including but not limited to: attendance, performance, progress, discipline, etc. into the CIS.
- Prepares reports and forms and annotates logs to ensure accurate documentation of daily observations of student’s progress, performance and behavior, staff breaks, emergency information, communication information
- Maintains critical and confidential information
- Maintains bulletin boards in assigned dormitory with updated student and Center information
- Serves as a channel of communication between management, staff and students
- Facilitates large and small student groups in Life Skills
- Consistently assesses the need for balance between confidentiality and reporting situations on behalf of students to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff.
- Contacts family members for consent for pass system as warranted
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to students in the event of injury, illness, emotional trauma, etc.
- Performs and documents regular dorm and outside perimeter checks to ensure safety and security
- Facilitate or assist weekly dorm meetings, including accountability checks
- Creates a warm/welcoming atmosphere for students, including encouragement to personalize the living environment.
- Ensures student rooms and bulletin boards are maintained per Center, company and DOL standards without references to profanity, gang affiliation, drugs, alcohol, or inappropriate graffiti or sexually provocative or inappropriate material
- Ensures assigned dormitory and perimeter areas are maintained in good order, cleanliness and repair in accordance with center, company and DOL standards
- CPR and First Aid Certifiable
- Maintains a safe work environment