This job requires a well-rounded electrical designer versed in all aspects of OEM machine build technologies from ‘concept to customer’ pertaining to mixing and separation equipment. Excellent communication skills both written and verbally are required. Most be proficient in Autocad and able to create and modify electrical schematics.
Ideal candidate skills include:
- AutoCad (AutoCad Electrical 2019 – Desired but not Required)
- Word / Excel / Outlook
- PLC / HMI
- Allen Bradley (Mainly) – SLC, ControLogix, Factory Talk ME/SE, View32, are a few of the desired backgrounds. Occasionally, Siemens brand is customer driven.
- Other PLC Brands beneficial but not required
- Drives – ABB and Allen Bradley are the main drives utilized. Ability to program, troubleshoot and start up these are required as part of the position. B&P uses motors ranging from ½ hp to 1200 hp.
- PID Control for heating, valves, etc. along with communication protocols such as Ethernet, Profibus.
- Read and understand customer specifications as they apply to bidding and purchase of equipment.
- Create instrument and power wiring diagrams, panel layouts, interconnection diagrams are required for this position along with the knowledge of various manufacturers for related components used.
Ability to specify and assemble parts lists for manuals.
- Knowledge of P&ID’s
- Knowledge of NEC, IEC, NFPA, and CE standards are also required. Other international codes/standards and the ability to understand and incorporate these into designs will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Installations (Class / Division – UL/ATEX)
- Aid shop personnel in the layout and construction of the machinery.
- Test, trouble shoot, and make wiring changes without the help of shop personnel when required.
- Assemble machine wiring and panel when required.
- Troubleshoot basic relay logic, instrumentation, power, PLC, calibration of field devices, hydraulics, pneumatics.