SME is an award-winning professional consulting engineering firm. Our team of experienced, responsive problem solvers provide practical and sustainable solutions for our clients as we work to build and revitalize our world.
We recruit top talent for our team and have an opportunity for a qualified Senior Structural Engineer to join us as an integral part of our Structural Materials group in our Plymouth, Michigan office.
- Lead, oversee, review, and execute structural engineering tasks for a variety of projects related to assessment and restoration design of concrete, masonry, steel, wood elements and structures.
- Engineering tasks include detailed design, calculations, and development of repair details and specifications.
- Assign project tasks and provide technical guidance to junior-level team members, as follows:
- Work directly with project managers to help implement project goals.
- Delegate duties to junior-level staff to implement project goals, as needed.
- Oversee and conduct quality checks on variable aspects of projects, such as project schedule, deliverables, fees, and invoicing, and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution.
- Mentor and train one or more junior-level Team Members.
- Productively interact with Client representatives and SME subcontractors.
- Help to enhance the visibility of SME’s expertise. In this regard, participation in professional organizations outside of regular employment is encouraged.
- Work in varied environments as dictated by the project, for example:
Sitting and use of a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Work in confined spaces and at heights greater than six feet (potentially
on ladders, boom lifts, and swing stages).
- Work that may be conducted in a laboratory environment or in the field
where exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and
humidity, fumes, and various types of equipment.
- Travel locally and out-of- area; A valid driver’s license (good driving
record) and passport are required.
- Possible limited international travel
Conduct additional duties as assigned.