Provides support for people to perform activities, to develop and maintain life skills, and/or to obtain and maintain community employment, including one-on-one job training.
- Assist in completing job task analysis for each assigned job site.
- Works one-on-one with people on interpersonal skills, production, work quality, and other life skills as outlined in a person's PCP or individualized employment plan.
- Provide assistance to people to help them obtain and maintain community employment.
- Assists people with learning job skills at job sites in the community to obtain and maintain employment.
- Maintains documentation of individual activity and submit reports to appropriate Workforce Development staff.
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with person.
- Reports weekly to the Workforce Manager to give an overview of progress with assigned people in services.
- Assists people in touring worksites or attending community activities.
- Assist Goodwill Industries in maintaining harmonious relations with employers, families/guardians, and partners.
- Serves as a liaison between person, employer, person support base and other support agencies.
- Performs job duties in a safe manner and assures safe environment for people by maintaining a clean and orderly work area, using proper lifting techniques, positioning people safely, safely securing people in their wheelchairs, and addressing safety concerns before an incident occurs.
- Maintains and implements all applicable safety laws, regulations, and policies. Assures safety of people in the program and staff at Goodwill, in transportation, and in community activities.
- Responsible for immediate completion of accident report forms, unusual occurrences reports, and/or CMH Incident Reports.
- Ensure that person is dressed appropriately, clean, toileted/diapered as needed and that all other care needs are attended to according to guidelines.
- Take initiative to perform tasks involving laundry, dishes, food preparation, outing and break time coverage, and other essential responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily activities.