Approximately 16 Weeks - On Call/Temporary
Position Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program Coordinator
Classification P.S. 01 - $19.04 hr.
Hours 30 – 40 hrs/week
Supervisor Manager of Self-Sufficiency Programs_____
Essential Function of the Job
Provide coordination of activities as they relate to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program within the four-county service area. Oversees day-to-day operations of program including completing quality reviews, site trainings, supervision of VITA Volunteers. Provides direction to staff, regarding Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. Monitor participants files to ensure confidentiality and adherence of all Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Tax Laws.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the position of this class.)
- Supervises volunteers assigned to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
- Recruits/enrolls volunteers to assist in program delivery, when applicable.
- Has a clear understanding of all rules regarding volunteers and confidentiality policies by reviewing/understanding Personnel Policies and all agency policies within.
- Has practical knowledge of current Tax Laws and can train volunteers accordingly.
- Performs Quality Reviews of volunteer prepared taxes.
- Liaison between Internal Revenue Service and VITA Program.
- Coordinate scheduling of tax appointments with 2-1-1.
- Coordinate space usage at community partners for VITA preparations.
- Be knowledgeable and confident on subject matter prior to training staff, thus instilling confidence in staff to ask questions
- Engage low-income and/or homeless households to link and manage resources within their local community.
- Trains support staff in outreach procedures within the counties regarding census.
- Other duties, as assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements of Work
- Math aptitude
- Ability to keep records
- Ability to work with members of low-income community and with local agency personnel.
- Accuracy and detail in completing forms.
- Ability to develop working relationship with local area agency personnel
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Satisfactory review of Criminal History Check and DHHS Clearance
Desirable Minimum Training and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Tax Law or related field; Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
- At least one-year experience working with low-income households.
- At least two years’ experience working with tax preparation or VITA volunteering.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.