We are seeking a Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counselor to join our team! You will provide recovery-oriented rehabilitation services in group or individual settings. This position is full-time out of our Gaylord regional office with a day or two a week in either our Petoskey or Mancelona satellite offices.
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong leadership qualities
Excellent benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and employer paid pension.