Bindery Machine Operator
We are looking for a Bindery Machine Operator at a local printing manufacturer in Grand Rapids, MI They are looking for a qualified and hard working employee to join their team. This company is adding another shift to accommodate business needs and is looking for individuals who desire a permanent position with the company.
Bindery Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Set up, adjust and operate various bindery equipment such as buckle folder, saddle stitch, cutter or sheet laminating.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions.
- Familiar with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment).
- Monitor quality and perform all required testing, make any equipment adjustments necessary to ensure customer quality is achieved.
- Perform housekeeping and preventative maintenance duties on all machines and work area to maintain a neat and orderly environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative in maintaining process and product production as well as participating in making improvements to the production process.
- Read and understand work orders, layout sheets, and other specifications prior to starting the assigned job.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of work.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
Schedule & Pay:
- 2nd Shift; 3:00 pm - 11:00 am with OT as needed; Monday-Friday (weekends off)
- 3rd Shift; 11:00 pm - 7:00 am with OT as needed; Sunday - Thursday (weekends off)
- $12.00-$15.00/HR DOE
Bindery Machine Operator Qualifications:
- High School education or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years of solid work experience running industrial equipment preferred.
- Must have the ability to utilize a measuring tape with English measurements - free of errors.
- Prior experience within printing environment is ideal.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task for maximum efficiency without sacrificing accuracy.
- Exhibits work ethic and commitment to attendance.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed to preform task.
- Comfortable reading and comprehending written forms and instructions.
- Competency to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Works independently and/or in a team environment, cooperating with co-workers.
Location: Downtown Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training