Medical Technologist (will consider Medical Lab Technician) Full Time, 3rd shift **$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS**
Provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses following established accreditation guidelines and quality control standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
2. Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells using microscopic techniques and procedures.
3. Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
4. Processes, reads, and reports cultures from various sources as well as antibiotic sensitivities and other microbiology procedures.
5. Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers, colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related field, or an associate degree in medical technology or related field.
- MT certification or certified within 18 months of hire or transfer.