The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for participating in a team of engineers responsible for the development of software for powertrain control modules. The Senior Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for powertrain control features. Perform reviews and/or inspections for requirements, design documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/assembly code, and test plans. Interact with other department/vendors on eliciting software requirements. Embrace and ensure virtualization methods and techniques are used in controls/software development life cycle.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited University
• Minimum 3 engineering experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with embedded C/C++ software
• Experience in programming / scripting language(s)
• Experience in software verification / validation including white box, black box and gray box testing
• Experience using data acquisition tools
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment with minimal effect on productivity
• Familiarity of industry standard process framework models (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
• Master’s degree in Engineering or an MBA
• Experience with CAN stack, SPI, LIN and Flash Bootloader integration, OSEK OS, or diagnostic management
• Hardware background (ability to read/understand ECU schematic, identify HW-SW integration issues)
• Automotive experience either at work or university, such as Formula SAE or SAE EcoCar
• Embedded C/C++ software experience in Real Time Operating System environment
• Experience in Matlab/Simulink / Target Link / Embedded Coder (MBD)
• Experience with ETAS, INCA, CANoe, CANalyzer
• Experience implementing Embedded Real-Time Controls and Software solutions
• Strong understanding of internal combustion engines and/or vehicle subsystems
• Experience working in cross functional teams
• Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (emulators, debuggers, etc.)
• Experience in simulation/virtual methodologies and/or tools
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.