Now Hiring Maintenance Supervisor for a 72-Unit Rental Property in Milan Michigan: Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the physical aspects of Culver Estates Apartments meet the company's established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within budgeted financial goals.
- Duties: Follow MRD"s policies and procedures for Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting, and other applicable state and federal laws. Complies with community safety and operating policies and procedures. Reports to Property Manager and supervises housekeeping staff. Complete Performance appraisals and complete online Yardi training procedures specific to direct job duties.
- Direct Duties: Curb appeal and grounds maintenance, boiler room, water softener and hallway inspections, preventative maintenance in accordance to company policy, maintain all buildings and common areas and grounds in a safe and clean manner. Keeping garage and stock areas clean and assisting in the ordering of supplies, keeping maintenance logs for inspections, operate machinery such as power tools, and lawn mowers, snow blowers. Mowing, raking, fertilizing, snow removal, pruning shrubs, trimming lower trees, building soft wash, and exterior painting. Interior work in apartment turns for new residents: painting, electrical, plumbing maintenance. Responding to maintenance requests of occupied apartments and leaving the documentation of work performed specific to appliance, plumbing, or electrical repair or replacement. Wearing of PPE when required for performing specific tasks as required by company policy. Supervision of work performed by outside contractors. Assist other properties of Management Resources Development when needed.
Must provide own tools. However, some specialized tools will be provided by Culver Estates and must remain on site. The company does not replace individual tools when lost or damaged. Wear prescribed uniform at all times during working hours. Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
- Qualifications: At least 1 year related experience and/or training. Experience and knowledge of working on electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry (incl. painting/drywall repair) Advanced painting, Plumbing, Carpentry, and Electrician skills a plus. Work hours: 9-6 Monday-Friday with 24 hour availability for emergency maintenance requests. May occasionally be required to lift up to 50lbs without assistance, and/or climb ladders in excess of 10-25 feet.
- Skills: Adaptability/flexibility, Verbal and written communication, Customer Service, Delegation, Understanding and following directions, Inventory, Leadership/people management, Negotiation, Prioritization, Problem Solving, Reasoning ability, Teamwork, Time Management.
- Benefits: Competitive Wage, 401 K, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Opportunity for Advancement, and the best part---Lease Renewal Bonus paid monthly after 90 days.
Apply online with resume to www.culverestatesapts.com.
(There will be a general maintenance knowledge test given at interview)