We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of embedded software in control system applications where system timing and performance are crucial. Candidate must have the ability to work well with team members to develop, review and implement complex software applications. This position is in a research and development environment and requires an individual that is results driven, highly motivated, quality focused, and has the ability to work within a high performing team. The Product’s technology includes AUTOSAR, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Over-the-Air Programming, Cyber Security, Advanced Control Algorithms, and much more.
- Design and implement embedded software for an Electronic motor control system
- Review and understand Technical References and Data Sheets for the system’s microcontroller.
- Design and implement world class embedded software using C in compliance with ISO 26262.
- Develop documentation to comply with automotive SPICE.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and review designs.
- Be creative and contribute ideas.
- Create proof of concept and fast prototype software.
- Embedded software development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Experience with software coding using C language
- Experience with debugging and problem resolution
- Experience with cross compilers and cross assemblers
- Experience with 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontrollers and common peripherals (i.e., ADC, SPI)
- Familiarity with software development techniques and methodologies
- Familiarity with Vector based analysis and development tools
- Familiarity with serial communications development and debugging (i.e., CAN)
- Familiarity with standard software development environments (IDE)
- Familiarity with formal requirements management tools (i.e., DOORS)
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools
- Familiarity with Matlab / Simulink
- Familiarity with the software safety mechanisms such as memory protection units and watchdogs
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
Bachelor - Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science (Required)
Key words: entry level, embedded, software, engineer, software engineer, electrical engineer, computer engineer, software engineer, software development, embedded software, embedded system, electronic steering systems, EPS, automotive, 8-bit microcontrollers, 16-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microcontrollers, engineer, experienced software engineer, experienced, entry level, C language, embedded, embedded microcontrollers, microcontrollers, assembly language, firmware, control systems, peripherals, SPI, SCI, PWM, CAN, functional safety, ISO26262, agile, AUTOSAR, ADAS, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, Control Algorithms, Cyber Security.