We are looking for candidates who are eager to work in a team environment that is both analytical and hands on. Product Engineers are the “hub of the wheel”; they are assigned to a program and become the program expert. Every day is different depending on the phase of program implementation. Candidates have the opportunity to see the entire life cycle of their assigned program from conception to production due to Nexteer’s vertical integration and having world class test and validation facilities on site. Candidates have the ability to utilize their strengths and grow within the Product Engineering organization as well as being able to move to other functional staffs within Nexteer. Positions are available in the following product lines: Columns, Halfshafts, Hydraulics, and Electric Power Steering.
This position is located in Saginaw, MI. For the right candidate, we offer a generous relocation package.
- Leads product design analysis and process
- Releases advance product components and/or line of products
- Diagnoses and corrects deficiencies
- Maintains cost controls
- Provides technical direction to support personnel
- Leads test and/or development programs
- Coordinates supportive build programs
- Leads engineering projects with other departments and/or application centers
- Coordinates with vendors and/or customers on a regular basis
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing facilities
- Stays abreast of new technology
- Deep understanding of engineering theory and principles of design
- Oral and written communications skills
- Understanding of probability and statistical analysis
- Interest in product design, particularly automotive
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and controls
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Advance understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- General understanding of vehicle ride dynamics (Preferred)
- Strong computer application experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Bachelor - Electrical Engineering
Minimum cumulative GPA requirement of 2.7
Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.