Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant - Community Banking
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of 3 designated executives within Flagstar Bank. This position will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative, executive and project support related tasks. The successful person will be able to work independently and with little supervision. This position will interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure and must remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, this position is responsible to perform duties such as booking travel, processing and tracking of invoices for payment, submitting expense reports, obtaining office supplies, coordinating mailings, maintaining department documentation, scribing meeting minutes for leadership meetings and working on special projects as needed. This individual will also respond for non-routine correspondence and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information. Independent judgment and technical capabilities are required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, and recommend improvements in office practices or procedures.
* Manages calendars, meeting scheduling, expense reports and travel arrangements for management.
* Answers phone calls, takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions as appropriate.
* Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for 3 executives in different departments.
* Manage and compile data related to the monthly reporting processes.
* Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
* Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
* Attend conferences to help coordinate client meetings and meeting calendar when needed.
* Submit requests for system access, conference room requests, and other logistical requirements.
Departmental Projects/administrative support
* Acts as project manager for special projects.
* Manage timelines, deliverables, and resources for assigned projects and initiatives.
* Attend projects meetings, update trackers, send status updates, and follow-up to ensure deliverables are completed on time.
* Create agendas and take minutes for department meetings.
* Manages multiple e-mail boxes as necessary.
* Manages group calendar, meeting scheduling, and travel arrangements.
* Acts as a liaison with other departments.
* Sorts and distributes mail.
* Designs and creates general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads draft for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes and corrections. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
* Process and track invoices, work with third party vendors to ensure all invoices that been received and sent to appropriate leadership for sign-off.
Adhere to all regulatory and complianceissues linked to the job and the team and understand how these issues help the bank achieve the vision of remaining an independent bank
* 5+ years of previous administrative experience.
* Project management experience preferred
* Banking experience preferred
* HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent Required
* Bachelor's Degree Preferred (Business)
* Technical experience with Microsoft Office, including Power Point and Excel and the ability to prepare executive style presentation decks; and the ability to learn and adapt to multiple computer systems.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to independently drive responsibilities and projects to completion.
* Independent judgment and technical capabilities required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
* Experience dealing with senior management or executives in administrative capacity
* Ability to deal with last minute changes quickly and effectively