Sr Buyer - 190000F3
The purpose of this position is to support the development of supply chain initiatives and activities for a range of commodities, in particular but not limited to Bearings, Friction, Castings and Forgings in accordance with the business strategic requirements set forth by Global Purchasing Management. The job holder will be responsible for all tactical aspects of supply chain procurement including material cost reductions and supplier negotiations.
* Develop, motivate, plan and incorporate cost saving programs, through establishing mutual confidence with potential and ongoing suppliers and plant representatives;
* Monitor supplier’s price, quality, delivery, and service performance; take corrective action when required;
* Develop and maintain alternative production suppliers in the event that existing suppliers cannot meet delivery requirements;
* Analyze and negotiate price change requests for assigned parts;
* Accumulate, prepare and present necessary reports concerning cost trends and price changes;
* Maintain and update all purchase orders, price change notices, order history, quote information, and correspondence, for all production parts held responsible;
* Maintain supplier database to ensure data integrity and accuracy;
* Conduct necessary visits to Meritor plants and suppliers
* Initiate, lead or support value chain improvements at suppliers.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity