Functional Safety Manager - 190000AZ
Responsible for Leading the organizations product quality safety and related processes. This individual will work closely with product engineering and industrialization from across all business units to identify and ensure safety critical characteristics (SRC’s) are controlled in such a manner that no fault forwarding, and proper process controls are in place. A key role of the quality product safety manager will be to establish the organizations adherence to ISO-26262 for the development process of electric powertrain components.
* Lead the establishment of internal process for ISO-26262
* Manage and track work-products pertaining to development interface agreements (DIA’s), hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA), Functional safety requirement (FSR) and Technical safety requirement (TSR) development for electric powertrain components with suppliers and customers
* Develop requirements and collaborate with hardware/software suppliers to meet ISO-26262 functional safety requirements and technical safety requirements as required for target ASIL of the electrified drivetrains system
* Responsible for the project management of work product development, deliverables and assessment to achieve ISO-26262 compliance
* Guide and coach development team members for designing safety critical applications
* Develop Failure in time (FIT) analysis and fault perform metric calculations for the complete electrified powertrain system
* Ensure safety related product characteristics are documented, controlled and have the appropriate level of process control.
* Ensures compliance to Standards of Business Conduct through familiarity with related policies and procedures. Encourages subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
* Assists in planning & implementation of quality policies in accordance with safety protocol and plant guidelines meeting customer expectations.
* Provides technical assistance to Engineering work groups in support of safety related projects.
* Develops resources for improvements in equipment and assembly processes and stays abreast of changes in technology and means of application, as they relate to electrics, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Support new Launch programs by managing APQP (GP3) project timing.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity