Job Title: Shipping/Receiving/Delivery Worker
Requisition Number: V385
Employment Type: Regular
Working Time: Full Time
Work Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Visioneering, Inc. provides the aerospace industry with high-quality conceptual design, engineering, and innovative tooling. As a full-service provider, established in 1953, we provide industry-leading organizations with totally integrated program management, design, engineering, NC machining and manufacturing. Our quality management system has been tried and tested to meet the stringent requirements of AS9100 certification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shipping (packaging and loading), receiving (unpacking and unloading), and delivering.
• Maintains documentation and information related to all incoming and outgoing transactions to ensure proper asset control.
• Receive shipments in a timely manner and ensures delivery to correct recipient.
• Process orders in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operates fork lift and overhead crane equipment.
• Builds wood box containers and crates up to 12 feet Wide x 12 feet High x 60 feet in Length.
• Use of table saws and other hand tools.
• Make deliveries to customers and other company work locations as needed.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
• An ability to adhere to all safety rules and guidelines.
• Strong attention to detail. • Good oral communication skills are necessary.
• Strong ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
• Ability to calculate figures such as area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to read a tape measure.
• Ability to be flexible and multi-task based on workflow demands.
• Great positive attitude.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb.
• Must be available to work overtime when necessary.
• Must have a valid Michigan Driver's license.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
• High school Diploma or recognized equivalent.
• Some previous shipping, receiving, loading and unloading experience required.
• Commercial Driver License – Class A required.
• Experience with shipping overseas containers preferred.
• Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or Valid Permanent Resident status is required.
• The ability to travel.
Visioneering, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Visioneering, Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Visioneering, Inc. HR will be deemed the sole property of Visioneering, Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Visioneering, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled