Element has an opportunity for a Senior Test Technician in our Warren Michigan Concept Drive location. This position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the Interiors Testing Laboratory with a focus on Seating Testing. This position will also be involved with testing other components, both interior and exterior, such as IP’s, consoles, overhead systems, door trim, step rails, roof racks, tonneau covers, fascia, spoilers, etc. The technician must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to safety rules, code of conduct and company policy and procedures. This is a 4 month contract position.
Oversee multiple projects and be responsible for day-to-day activities, including scheduling, updating client, and coordinating or reporting activities with supervisor or other team members. Good problem-solving and organizational skills required
- Perform durability testing and environmental exposure of automotive components using standard and non-standard procedures. Some examples are pneumatic cycle setups and associated functions, force displacement measurements, environmental durability, impact testing, gap & flush measurements, etc.
- Design, fabricate, and maintain test setups using electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic actuators with various control methods
- Collect, compile, summarize, and report test data using various types of data acquisition
- Communicate testing status, data, and project issues on a daily basis, with coworkers, PM's, management, and customers
- Keep safety of yourself and those around you as a top priorityMaintain a clean organized work environment
- Must possess a good attitude and have a willingness to show up ready to work. Must be able to work under strict time constraints and be able to multi-task effectively, both alone and within a team.
- Must be a self-starter willing to put in extra hours, as needed. Overtime will be regularly required to meet customer requirements, including weekends as neededUnderstanding of testing concepts.
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety. Familiarity with automotive testing specifications and proceduresMust have strong mechanical aptitude, data acquisition experience, controller programming experience
- Must have strong computer skills, and possess proficient technical writing skills necessary to generate test report summaries.
- Requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including plotting/charting and data manipulation
- Portable CMM (Faro arm) and 3D scanning experience a plus.
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company with customers and within the company
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities