MacMillan Associates, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for all experience levels for an Electrical Engineer. In this position you will be involved in the design of electrical power and lighting systems for buildings. Project types include commercial, industrial, educational, governmental, healthcare and religious facilities.
- Perform building power and lighting design calculations and produce engineering drawings and reports used to fully and clearly define engineering requirements.
- Research and develop electrical engineering techniques, codes and approaches.
- Work closely with senior engineering staff performing routine engineering tasks including 3D modeling, calculations, field investigations, cost estimating, specification writing, construction document generation and shop drawing review while working for a wide variety of clients and projects.
- Work as part of a project team with other in-house engineers as well as architects and clients
- Meet with clients, architects, contractors for coordination, design reviews and investigations.
- Perform Revit modeling or work with and provide direction to drafting staff to produce drawing sets suitable for use by contractors for bidding and construction.
- Assist clients with construction administration services by overseeing projects thru out construction to ensure products and installation methods meet design specifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Drivers license, motor vehicle and ability to travel within the state of Michigan
- Work full-time 40+ hours a week
- Computer skills: 2D or 3D design software(i.e. AutoCAD or Revit), MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Five years+ design experience specific Electrical power and lighting design in new and existing buildings
- Arc Flash and Coordination Study specifically utilizing ETAP software
- FE/EIT or PE